Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Have you played badminton before?

On Friday Room 7 went to the St. Patrick's hall because we were going to play badminton. The weather was very cloudy and dark.

When we reached to the hall we took off our shoes and went to sit by the stage. The coach greeted us by saying, "Hi!" to us. After that we warmed up by jogging back and forth, I was a turtle because my feet was aching a bit, so I sat down on the seats but coach Ben told us not to sit down.

Then coach Ben showed us how to hold a racket. There are two types of grip, a fore hand grip and a back hand grip. I kept on missing the shuttle and I accidently shot the shuttle to someone like I was shooting a bow at someone.

After the fore hand, we did the backhand grip. Again, I kept on missing because I was hitting to hard. In the last attempt using the backhand, I got bumped by someone as if a soccer player had tackled me.

After that, we played an real game of badminton, we had to pick a partner and my partner was my friend Tristan. Coach Ben said to us, "Pick a number you want to be." I chose 2 and Tristan chose 1.

Then we went to the back of the hall and played rallies with each other. I kept on missing because I wasn't looking at the shuttle. After the game, we sat down in front of the stage seats.

Coach Ben told us, "Put your hands up and share what we have learnt today." I said, "I learnt fore hand."

I had fun at badminton I hope I can learn more skills.

 WALT: understand and use language features correctly.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use timing words and
punctuations in my writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shivay,
    Well done. Keep up the good work.
    From dad

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.