Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Week 1 Day 4

Swimming With Sharks

Activity 1:
The people got buckets of water and kept the whales hydrated while others placed towels on them which is another way to keep them hydrated. While this was happening, another group of people pushed and pulled the whales back into the water.

Activity 2:
Whale rider: This movie is about a maori girl called Paikia who fights to reach her destiny which her grandfather does not want to recognise her as. 

I rate this movie a 4/5

Bonus Activity:
I think fishing in Farewell Spit should be banned because as I have learnt, the hector dolphins are getting killed every year by the nets of fishermen but it doesn't just kill the dolphins, it kills other marine life as well so I think in order to save our marine life, we should ban fishing at farewell spit.         

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shivay,
    I am so impressed bu the bonus activity,
    I totally agree that fishing should be banned from the farewell spit!
    Great job on your blogging posts,

    Regards,
    Lusia Katavake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Shivay,

    This is great work. I agree as dolphins die other marine lives also suffer from this. Can I ask, how did you feel reading about the whales being stranded? I was amazed to see the amount of support by people trying their best to save them which was very sad. I would love to read more about what you think.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.