Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5

One Step At A Time

Activity 1:
My story:

When I saw the tree I went to take a closer look to see the sophisticated designed tree, when I turned around, everyone except me has left! I'd call there names but I thought that would be a little dangerous seen as there might be strangers in the forest who might kidnap me! Just me and Sophie. (The tree is named Sophie) It has been nearly thirty minutes and nobody has come for me, but this time I tried calling their names because the forest seemed like there was nobody in there so I thought I should just call for my friends so I did. It didn't work out as I thought it would but atleast I tried, "How far could they be?" I thought to myself, then I remembered that I saw a map next to a tree. I tried my best to locate the tree, but I had no luck, I had forgotten where the map is.

One hour later, I heard giggling somewhere near me. I thought it was some strangers laughing at something but it nearly sounded like my friend's laugh. I followed the laugh, getting closer and closer and, it was just a laughing budgee. "Ugg!" I said to myself, suddenly, a hand touched my shoulder and that scared me so much that I waked my hand on to the face of that person. "Ow!" said one of the friends, when I saw the face of the person it was one of my friends trying to tell me that they have found me. I felt so bad for hurting her but it was an accident, I finally found my friends!

Activity 2:
1.Name of the person:
Edmund Hillary
Where he was born:
Auckland, New Zealand
What made him famous:
He is famous because he was the first ever person to climb Mt. Everest, he is also famous because he built many schools and kindergartens in Nepal to help the children and familys which made him have his picture on the New Zealand five dollar note.
Fact #1 - Edmund Studied at Auckland Grammer School and Auckland University
Fact #2 - He wasn't just the first person to summet Everest, he also was the first to go to both North and South pole.

Bonus Activity:
I would love to cycle at at Otago Rail Trail seen as I love to do long cycles with my family and friends I would love to see the beautiful scenery while I ride so I think I will love it!



3 comments:

  1. You real would enjoy the Otago Rail Trail. The South Island scenery is different from the North Island the forest has some different trees and it seems very untouched. I hope you will get to go there some day. Aotearoa has many beautiful sites to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ola Shivay,

    I agree with Mrs Dines, Aotearoa has many beautiful sites to visit and explore. I really enjoyed reading your story about your experience being left alone. I was very impressed when you explained that you did not want to call out your friends names incase a stranger had been around. Very thoughtful!

    I just finished learning a unit about Keeping safe with students from Hillsborough primary and I found out that the best way to keep track of your group is wearing similar colors so that they are easy to find, or simply write a name tag with your address and your phone number inside your shoe or inside your clothing. It's beneficial to keep personal details so that if you are out of reach from your friends and family, you can find the nearest shop or police to contact your parents.

    Thank you for sharing your story with us.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.