Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Week 1 Day 3

Wild Eyes

Activity 1
I have chosen the Red-crowned Kakariki: The Red-crowned kakariki is a native bird to New Zealand it is called the Red-crowned Kakariki because kakariki in Maori means green and the red crowned stands for the bird's red head.
Image result for Red-crowned Kakariki

Activity 2
I think New Zealand should be predator free but I don't agree with killing them, instead I think that they should just take them away.

Reason 1: Possums are destroying our trees, it ruins the scenery and the beauty of the trees.
Reason 2: Napier is a very beatiful place and I think it has to stay beautiful by those possums taken away.
Reason 3: If those trees get damaged it can effect other things around it.

Bonus Activity:
My Moa discovery!
Wow I just found these footsteps of a big bird outisde of my hotel!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Shivay,
    My name is Lusia Katavake and I'm a year 8 student from St Pius X catholic School!
    I love your photo of your moa discovery! What an outstanding thing! But have you posted it on the wild eyes site?

    But keep it up though,

    Lusia Pahulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ola Shivay,

    Thank you for completing Day 3 activities. I really love the way provided reasons for New Zealand being predator free. I agree that if trees get damaged, certainly any surroundings will be affected or also damaged. I'm amazed by the Moa discovery you captured. That is such a big foot print. As Luisa mentioned, Have you posted it on the wild eyes site? I believe other readers would be so amazed to see this. How exciting would that be!

    Keep up the good work.

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.