Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Week 1 Day 6

Native Aotearoa 

Activity 1:
My Poem:
I have arrived at a land!
I hope there is sand!
I am pretty excited to step on this undiscovered place,
Could there be another face?
On this blank place?
Could there be creatures?
Or maybe other features?
I don't care what there is,
Because I am the first to reach this place!

Activity 2:
Three favourite events:

1. I really liked the Matariki Ritual, it is when people mark the beggining of Matariki, tell stories, celebrate life and remember those who have died last year.
2. Second of all, I really enjoyed watching the Kapa haka, elders from around the country are all welcomed to the the kapa haka which is the final to the festival.
3. Last of all, I enjoyed watching the Maori and non Maori discuss about how the world is devoloped into different cultures.

Bonus Activity:
  1. Rugby World Cup 2011 - All Blacks vs France
  2. World Cup 2015 - All Blacks vs Argentina
  3. All Blacks vs South Africa 2016



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Shivay
    I like that you have used a lot of rhyming words in your poem.
    Well Done and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shivay,

    I also really enjoyed reading your poem and was really impressed by your ability to include rhyming couplets throughout the poem. Nice work! I often think about the first settlers and wonder what it must have been like for them to arrive in a barren land with no one to help them. I would have found it pretty scaring but, I'd imagine, that it was also pretty exciting!

    I hope that you have enjoyed this learning journey programme and discovered new things about New Zealand that you didn't know before. I am constantly amazed by the people, places and things that we can see and do here in NZ. I am originally from Canada and moved to NZ about 7 years ago. I moved here because my son, Aronui, had just been born and I wanted him to grow up in NZ and learn more about his language and his culture (he's half-Maori). He is actually born during the season of Matariki so this time of year is really special for our family. I'm hoping to get down to Te Papa one day to celebrate Matariki in Wellington. Have you ever been to a Matariki event?

    I hope that you'll continue to blog with us this holiday. You've almost completed the entire journey. Keep it up!!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.